Westfield is one of a kind, combining big school features with small school advantages.
We have high-quality academics and a gorgeous campus—and we have accessible faculty, providing personal attention.
You'll join motivated fellow students ready to make the most of this experience through active participation. Become part of a caring and committed community that understands and embraces the bridge between academic study and civic responsibility.
Broad Intellectual Development
Westfield‘s comprehensive liberal arts options are anchored by a core programs approach and enhanced by a challenging Honors Program. In addition to gaining proficiency in a major, every Westfield student also pursues common core studies in writing, the arts and humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and mathematics, and global and national diversity.
- 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio means more access to your teachers, more personal attention, and guidance from our strongly committed group of experienced instructors.
- 92%+ of our full-time faculty hold doctorates or the equivalent in their field.
- The Honors Program offers intellectually challenging courses with an interdisciplinary perspective and/or a specialized topical focus.
- Immersive study-abroad programs in more than 35 countries help you become a global citizen through life-changing academic and personal experiences.
- Faculty-student collaborations on intensive research projects give you opportunities to push the boundaries of knowledge and understanding.
Solid Preparation for a Profession
Experiential learning at Westfield goes far beyond the classroom.
- 84% of our graduates are employed in careers related to their major.
- Over 60% of our students participate in one of 700 internship and field experience opportunities available every year with leading-edge companies, government institutions, and nonprofits.
- Popular programs include The Washington Center (live and work in the nation’s capital) and the Disney Internship at Disney World.
- On-campus assistantships and off-campus employment, community service, and cooperative education.
- The Career Center provides assessment tools and exercises to help you identify your interests, skills, and values; assistance with resumes, and preparation for job interviews.
- Our mentor program matches Westfield students with practitioners in their field of interest.
Significant Community Service
Westfield fosters a variety of civic engagement activities that lead to positive social change.
- Students volunteer more than 60,000 hours each year.
- 49% of the student body participates in more than 300 different service projects each year.
- Local volunteer options include food drives, environmental protection and conservation, and annual fundraiser walks and runs.
- Examples of international service include working in Nicaragua to build a school and in Guatemala to teach health and nutrition.
So much to do!
- 70+ active recreational, social, and academic student clubs and organizations.
- The Student Government Association, and service and volunteer opportunities
- 2 well-equipped fitness centers with free weights, strength training, cardio, racquetball, aerobics, an indoor running track, basketball courts, a rock wall, a dance studio, and more
- 11 varsity sports for women, 9 varsity sports for men, and 40+ competitive and structured intramurals and club sports
- Student and guest artist exhibits, music performances, and theatre productions
- 7 different campus eateries
- Ideally located for skiing, hiking, white-water canoeing and kayaking, rock climbing, mountain and road biking, fishing, and other outdoor activities
Ready to transform your life? A Westfield State education has the power to do that.
Interested in furthering your education or standing out in the job market? If you've already earned your bachelor's degree, you can complete your master's degree within a few years!